Sunday, June 28, 2009

When One Door Closes...

....another one opens.

Friday was my last day at my old job. I had been there for almost six years! Time sure flies by. There have been lots of ups and downs there, mostly downs as of late. I have always considered the company to be like a family, but it has lost that feeling. We once were an office of fifteen, and then down to three, now down to two, and will be down to one at the end of August.

On Friday, we had a little farewell get together. Most of the people who worked together when we were the Fierce Fifteen enjoyed pizza, conversation, laughs and each other's company. As I sat in the room, listening to everyone chat and laugh, I realized that is what I missed most. I missed those coffee breaks, the potlucks, the get togethers, the camaraderie, everything that made it the best place to work. Lately, it has been just that. A place to work. We will always be great friends regardless of where we are in life, and for that I am truly thankful.

New job starts tomorrow bright and early.

No comments:

Post a Comment