Thursday, January 21, 2010

Going Greek

I discovered at an Epicure party that I absolutely am in love with feta cheese. I always thought it was just plain stinky. I buy the dry pack feta or the flavored fetas and they don't smell at all!

I am heading out to a potluck at Christin's tonight so I whipped up a new recipe I found on TK for Greek Pasta Salad. It has to sit for 24 hours so I am not sure how it tastes today, but right after making it I thought it was pretty good. A nice change from my usual creamy pasta salad.

sharoneason's Greek Pasta Salad from TK

½ cups Extra Virgin Olive Oil
4 Tablespoons Fresh Lemon Juice
4 Tablespoons White Vinegar
1 teaspoon Sea Salt
½ teaspoons Ground Pepper
1 teaspoon Dill Weed
2 teaspoons Cavender's Greek Seasoning
1 box(es) (16 Oz. Box) Curly Pasta (Campanelle) (16oz is approx. 4 cups, I used fusilli)
1 whole Green Pepper, Chopped (I left this out, I am not fussy on raw GP)
1 bunch(es) Green Onions With Tops Chopped (I left this out too, Christin doesn't like onions)
½ pounds Feta Cheese Crumbled Fine
15-½ ounces, weight Can Sliced Black Olives (I didn't use quite as much)
1 whole Ripe Tomato Chopped

Dressing: mix olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar, sea salt, ground pepper, dill weed and Greek seasoning in a small bowl and set aside.

Boil the pasta, drain and cool.

Toss the pasta with the green pepper, onions, feta cheese and black olives. Pour on dressing and mix throughly. Chill for 24 hours.

Before serving, toss well and top with the chopped tomato.

No comments:

Post a Comment