Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Farewell to Nova Scotia

"Farewell to Nova Scotia, your sea-bound coast,
Let your mountains dark and dreary be.
For when I am far away on the briny ocean tossed,
Will you ever heave a sigh or a wish for me?"

I absolutly love traditional Nova Scotia/East Coast music. A fitting song for the homesick!
I had such a great time on my trip home. I thought I would post some more of the pictures I took.
The wharf in the fog at low tide.
The wharf on a sunny day minus most of the scallop fleet, also at near low tide.
My parents dog, Keegan. He is such a mild mannered dog. Too bad Lee is allergic, I might have kidnapped him.
This was out in front of the Port Pub in Port Williams. There are walking trails all along here.
You can't tell from this picture, but the captain is sitting on a dining room chair.
My grandmother cooking some tasty scallops!
Big dinner the night before I left. Burgers, salads, scallops, fresh corn, all so yummy!
The same scallops my Nanny cooked, and the onions and mushrooms I cooked.

The Annapolis Valley and the Bay of Fundy from 20,000 feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment