Saturday, August 15, 2009

Vicki's - The Best Place On Earth


When Lee realized he couldn't come to Nova Scotia with me, he was upset he wasn't going to Vicki's.
Vicki's is a restaurant and seafood market. Wildly popular with her hearty portions, reasonable prices, and tasty homemade desserts. The seafood here is impeccably fresh. No stinky stuff here.
I ate at Vicki's more times in two weeks than I care to share. In my haste to devour the melt in your mouth clams (my usual), I forgot to take lots of pictures. Here are the few I do have.

Vicki's scallops are the only deep fried scallops I have ever liked. Most places have oddly thick batter, so pan fried is my favorite way to go. Vicki uses a light coating and they are most delicious.

Jess' three piece fish. As most places in Nova Scotia, Vicki uses haddock for her fish and chips. Nice light batter, crazy fresh, superbly flaky.

My half eaten clams and chips. I love love love fried clams. Can't get them just anywhere. These just melt in your mouth. No rocks in these clams. I am making myself hungry here.

So the moral of the story, if you ever get to Nova Scotia, get yourself to Vicki's. You won't be disappointed!

No comments:

Post a Comment