Sunday, February 28, 2010

Go Canada Go!

I don't know of many Canadians who aren't watching the gold medal game today. There is 3 minutes left in the 3rd period as I write. My friend Heddy was out and about town this afternoon and apparently it is a ghost town out there. Everyone is hunkered down to see who will come out on top.

Before the game started, I made some cookies. Another keeper from Nanny's book. I had to go to the store for oatmeal in the middle of making them, but they turned out good! Nanny's recipe called for raisins, but I subbed chocolate chips.



Dad's Oatmeal Cookies
  • 1/2 cup shortening
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1 cup flour
  • 1 cup oatmeal
  • 1/2 cup coconut
  • 1/2 cup raisins (or chocolate chips)

Cream shortening and brown sugar. Add egg and mix. Add in dry ingredients and mix well. Bake at 350 for 10 to 12 minutes. (Mine were done at 9 minutes) Be careful not to overbake, they burn quickly!

1 comment: