Saturday, February 6, 2010

Salsa, baby!

Thought I should make some munchies in case I decide to stay home tonight. UFC is tonight, and I am undecided if I should stay home or head to Boston Pizza. So just in case, I made Pioneer Woman's Restaurant Style Salsa. Ooohhh, is it ever good! I am not a big fan of chunky salsa, so this works just perfect for me. Good for those who are partaking in Game Day tomorrow. It makes ALOT! It filled my blender to the top.


PW's Restaurant Style Salsa

1 can (28 Ounce) Whole Tomatoes With Juice
2 cans (10 Ounce) Rotel (diced Tomatoes And Green Chilies) (No Rotel in Canada, use Aylmer Accents with Spicy Red Pepper. In the tomato aisle at the store.)
¼ cups Chopped Onion
1 clove Garlic, Minced (I used 2)
1 whole Jalapeno, Quartered And Sliced Thin
¼ teaspoons Sugar
¼ teaspoons Salt (I used a whole teaspoon)
¼ teaspoons Ground Cumin
½ cups Cilantro (more To Taste!) (Safeway didn't have fresh, so I picked up a jar of the Litehouse Freeze Dried Cilantro. Worked great and no chopping involved!)
½ whole Lime Juice
Combine whole tomatoes, Rotel, onion, jalapeno, garlic, sugar, salt, cumin, lime juice, and cilantro in a blender or food processor. Pulse until you get the salsa to the consistency you’d like—I do about 10 to 15 pulses. Test seasonings with a tortilla chip and adjust as needed.
Refrigerate salsa for at least an hour. Serve with tortilla chips or cheese nachos.

No comments:

Post a Comment