Friday, July 10, 2009

It's The Weekend!!

Happy, as always, to see the weekend arrive. Anyone got big plans for the weekend? Lots going on here this weekend. Tina and I are going to the Hat tomorrow. UFC 100 baby!!! Tomorrow night, we are doing a wing cookup and other yum yummies I hope to share with you all. Sunday, we are hoping to get to a theater to see Bruno. I wasn't at all interested to see Borat, but Bruno looks hilarious!



Last weekend, we went to see Public Enemies. I love Johnny Depp! He is such a versatile actor, who excels at any role he is given. It was a great movie, but don't expect the whole movie to be shoot 'em up action scenes. Don't get me wrong, there is lots of gunfire in the film, but it is more about the life and story of John Dillinger. I loved the film, Lee would have like more bank robberies.



So, tonight we dined in Royal Chinet style. BBQ steak and onion potatoes! Onion potatoes is something I learned from my Mom. She does hers by fanning the potatoes. I prefer to dice mine.

Simply dice some potatoes and place a couple handfuls onto a large square of foil. Sprinkle generously with onion soup mix powder and dot with butter or margarine. Fold foil into a packet and place in preheated oven or BBQ. I cook mine from anywhere to 30 minutes to one hour, depending on the size of the dice. Tonight was large dice, and they took about an hour. When I am pressed for time, I will dice a bit smaller for quicker cooking.




While eating dinner tonight, Lee says to me "I love that we met,"

How sweet!!!!

"cause I would have never known onion soup mix potatoes otherwise!"

I guess I will take that as a compliment?

I love that we met too......cause otherwise I would have never tasted his mom's homemade bread!

No comments:

Post a Comment